Saturday, March 24, 2012

Great Wall

(I wrote this in March 2012 and wasn't able to post it thanks to the other Chinese wall- the Great FIREwall.  Seemed a shame to just delete it, so here you go!)

The first time I visited China, we were lucky enough to visit the Wall, but I feel like that is an experience you should never pass up. Since this was Patti's first time here, I suggested we spend our "recover from the long flight" day at the Wall.

Here is the sign at the entrance to the section of the Wall we visited:



must admit, I do not remember what section of the Wall I visited the first time (and I have not done any research to find that answer), but I do know this was a different section because unlike my first visit, we had to take a ski lift up to the actual wall. This meant we were able to have a fun toboggan ride down at the end!


The Wall itself is amazing and if you only have one day in Beijing, I would suggest visiting the Wall over some of the other historical locations.

No comments: